Thursday, March 8, 2007

the precious gift

so yesterday I was watching the show "six feet under" on dvd. What struck a chord in me was the character who meets this guy who's in a band and is kind of a free spirit like her. Well, as the episode goes on they start spending everyday together, and are becoming super intimate (in a very short amount of time!). So, fast forward to the scene where the guy says to the girl "So, we should do something on saturday..." to the girl replies "what, do you have a busy week?!" come on- they've been spending everyday together!! to which he replies "ummm, you don't think we're exclusive do you??" paraphrase what he says: Cause I totally sleep with other women, and you can sleep with other guys, I don't care... What the?! So, she is a little shocked, but tries to play it like she knew all along and that she's cool with it- and proceeds to respond to him once again and fall right into his trap!

Okay, this makes me so sad because I see this in the world today, as women we stand there and take second best, rather than only accept only the best. Why do we put up with this crap? We deserve much much better, and being suckered into the trap of second best sets us up for low self-esteem, low self-worth, and so many more problems. Some guy hurts us, so the next one we meet we try so hard to please him, to make no waves cause we want him to like us and don't want to be rejected like the last time...Also, thinking about virginity, and how easily people give it up, not treating it as something precious that we have to hold onto tightly until we find the one we will spend the rest of our lives with. You may not all have this view, but it's something I hold onto, and even more tightly so when I see shows like the one mentioned above...I have been thinking that whoever I end up with, I should hope that he treats me like a princess (respect, honor, cherishing, ect), because if he doesn't think the world of me I don't think I can take it (not that it's all about me, because I think it should be reciprical). I also believe that no guy could ever complete me, and if I think that I would be sadly mistaken. The only one who completes me and fills my heart- because He knew me before I was even in my mother's womb, it God! Ok, that's all for my ramblings today- I had some time to do this as my clinical was cancelled today.

1 comment: